Stroud's is set to re-open Wednesday evening. You'll remember, the restaurant was heavily damaged by fire back in July.
The restaurant's owner says they have a final health inspection this afternoon. As long as everything goes well, they will re-open tomorrow.
A grease fire cause minimal damage at a popular fried chicken restaurant in northeast Wichita Wednesday night.
Fire crews were called to the scene at Stroud's in the 3600 block of North Hillside just after 10 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the roof.
The fire was quickly controlled. No one was hurt.
Kevin Allis, Stroud's General Manager, said the fire was contained to the kitchen.
"It was a grease fire that started on the stove top," he said. "We'll have to replace some kitchen equipment and fix some roof damage."
Allis said he hopes to reopen the restaurant in a couple of weeks.
"This is fried chicken season," he said, "we want our doors open."
Strouds employs about 25 people.