Easter is approaching fast. While busy families are thinking about how to plan their special meal, HoneyBaked is taking a look at the big picture to help keep meal preparation convenient the entire weekend.
This Easter Breakfast Casserole recipe uses ingredients you will already have around the house Easter weekend and leaves plenty of room for creativity based on the fresh ingredients at your local Dillon’s.
What you’ll need:
- Two cups of HoneyBaked Ham (chopped)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16oz.) package hash browns (thawed)
- ¼ cup diced fresh green bell pepper or other fresh spring greens on sale
Other fresh ingredient ideas: green onions, morels, spinach and new potatoes (boiled)
Preparation is a snap:
1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Lightly grease a 7x11 inch casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl beat together eggs and milk. Mix in cheese, bacon, onion and green pepper (and remaining spring veggies). Stir in the thawed hash browns. Pour mixture into prepared casserole.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes until eggs have set.
4. Garnish with fresh parsley
Makes 12 servings
HoneyBaked is getting ready to serve up tradition for Easter by opening kiosks in retail stores nationwide, and will offer convenient pop-up locations at Dillon’s stores in the Wichita area beginning April 10.
HoneyBaked has been invited into homes for Easter brunch, lunch, dinner and every snack in between for generations. After a successful Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season in the area, this year HoneyBaked will be available for the first time during the Easter season in Hutchinson, and will continue making memorable family experiences with additional seasonal spring locations.