No. 07 Geneva-Liberty Steel / Polaris / MotoPlex of Norfolk Chevrolet Silverado
Kansas Speedway - SFP 250
May 9, 2014
No. 07 Geneva-Liberty Steel / Polaris / MotoPlex of Norfolk Chevrolet News and Notes
- Back in the truck series... After finishing ninth in the season opener at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway, Jimmy Weller will climb back in atruck for the SFP 250 at Kansas Speedway on Friday, May 9. The race will mark Weller's second start this season in the NASCAR Camping WorldTruck Series, and his first career start at Kansas Speedway. Weller continues to focus on a limited schedule in the NASCAR Camping WorldTruck Series, where he is expected to compete in at least 11 more races, including Friday's event at Kansas Speedway.
- Racing with Polaris and MotoPlex of Norfolk... Jimmy Weller will have a new partner on board his No. 07 Chevrolet Silverado this weekend. Competing for SS Green Light Racing, Weller will partner with Polaris and MotoPlex of Norfolk for the race at Kansas Speedway. Decals for each company will be visible on the rear quarter panels, as well as the TV panel on the rear of the truck. Additionally, Weller will visit MotoPlex of Norfolk, a Polaris dealer, prior to the race at Kansas Speedway to
headline the dealer's spring open house event.
- Visiting the MotoPlex of Norfolk... Jimmy Weller will visit the MotoPlex of Norfolk (404 East Omaha Avenue, Norfolk, Neb. 68701-2061) on Tuesday, May 6. In conjunction with MotoPlex of Norfolk's Spring Open House, Weller will be available to meet fans, sign autographs, and take photos from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CDT. The No. 07 Geneva-Liberty Steel / Polaris / MotoPlex of Norfolk Chevrolet Silverado that Weller will race at Kansas Speedwaywill also be on display throughout the event. Attendees will have the opportunity to win either a pair of grandstand tickets for the SFP 250, or an at-track VIP Experience for two people at the NASCAR Camping World TruckSeries' race at Kansas Speedway. All winners must be present to win, and VIP Experience winners must be over the age of 18.
- Stepping up to race in the NASCAR Nationwide Series... Jimmy Weller made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at Richmond International Raceway on Friday, April 25. In a joint effort between Viva Motorsports and SS Green Light Racing, Weller piloted the No. 55 Geneva-Liberty Steel Chevrolet Camaro at the 0.75-mile track. The team's effort was slowed as Weller experienced a mechanical failure coming to the green flag and was able to complete only one lap that evening.
- Racing on dirt... Jimmy Weller grew up watching his father race on dirt tracks in Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania, and quickly decided to try his own luck at the family hobby. The Hubbard, Ohio-native started out racing big block dirt modifieds at Sharon Speedway, and continues to compete in the division whenever he isn't racing in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
- Follow Jimmy... Fans are invited to follow Jimmy Weller, driver of the No. 07 Geneva-Liberty Steel / Polaris / MotoPlex of Norfolk Chevrolet Silverado on Facebook (facebook.com/JWellerRacing), Twitter (@JWellerRacing), and Instagram (@JWellerRacing). Fans can also visit JimmyWeller.com for news and updates throughout the weekend.
- On the Air... The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will take on Kansas Speedway under the lights thisFriday, May 9. Live television coverage of the SFP 250 will begin with NCWTS Setup on FOX Sports 1 at 8:00 p.m. EDT. MRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will provide live radio coverage of the event beginning at8:30 p.m. EDT.
From the Driver's Seat
Jimmy Weller Quotes... On racing at Kansas Speedway: "I don't really know what to expect this weekend at Kansas Speedway. This is my first race at this particular track, but it's very similar to Chicagoland Speedway where we raced last year. It's an important weekend since it's our first race at an intermediate track, and those types of events make up the majority of our schedule for the Geneva-Liberty Steel / Polaris / MotoPlex of Norfolk team this season."
On preparing for his first visit to Kansas Speedway: "It definitely adds a little more challenge to the weekend when you're going to a track where you've never raced. I've been watching old videos from Kansas Speedway to learn the track and pick up what I can. Being from Ohio, my family is close to the Blaney family, so I've been talking to Dave and Ryan to get pointers from them. I've also talked to my team owner Bobby Dotter, and my crew chief Jason Miller. The Geneva-Liberty Steel / Polaris / MotoPlex of Norfolk team is always great with giving me advice at the track and helping me work on my line-I'm sure this weekend won't be any different."